Welcome to your Adolescents and Addiction: A Three-Part Series
1. According to data from the Monitoring the Future Study, adolescent binge drinking rates have been increasing sharply in the past 5 years?
2. The drug nicotine, often used in vaping devices, can damage areas of the brain that control attention and learning in the adolescent brain?
3. In order for gaming disorder to be diagnosed based of ICD-11 standards, the behavior pattern must be of sufficient severity to result in significant impairment in personal, family, social, educational, occupational or other important areas of functioning.
4. Research indicates that drug prevention programs cost more than providing treatment for drug problems, therefore, we should focus on treatment, and not prevention?
5. According to Minnesota Law, a minor can consent for treatment for alcohol and drug abuse?
Copyright © 2023 | Minnesota Association for Children's Mental Health | 23 Empire Drive, Suite 1000 | Saint Paul, MN 55103